My scholarly activity is focused on combinatorics, finite group theory, and the history of mathematics.
- Enumerating Anchored Permutations with Bounded Gaps, (with Maria M Gillespie and Kenneth G Monks). To appear in Discrete Mathematics.
- Euler’s Calculation of the Sum of the Reciprocals of the Squares: A Mini-Primary Source Project for Calculus II Students, Convergence (August 2019), DOI:10.4169/convergence20190801.
- An Elementary Proof of the Explicit Formula for the Möbius Number of the Odd Partition Poset, Journal of Integer Sequences, Volume 21, Article 18.9.6. 2018.
- Strongly sufficient sets and the distribution of arithmetic sequences in the 3x+1 graph (with Keenan Monks, Ken G. Monks, and Maria Monks) Discrete Mathematics, Volume 313, Issue 4, 28 February 2013, Pages 468-489.
- The Möbius Number of the Socle of any Group, Cornell University’s arXiv.org, arXiv:1002.3503 [math.GR] 2010.
- The sufficiency of arithmetic progressions for the $ 3x+1$ Conjecture, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, Volume 134, Pages 2861-2872, May 2006.